Double Chocolate Mint Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup half n half
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp sweetener (I used Lakanto white)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 scoop collagen (I used Key Nutrients)
- 1/2 tsp mint extract (more if want a stronger minty flavor)
- 4 double chocolate Nui cookies, crumbled
- Handful chocolate chips (I used Fat Fit Go)
- 20 drops green food coloring
- Add your heavy cream, milk, half and half, and sweetener to a saucepan and bring to a low boil. Add in your mint extract.
- Add your egg yolks to a bowl and whisk them a bit. Slowly add some of the hot milk mixture to the yolks and whisk it all together (this will help the eggs not ‘scramble’).
- Whisk in the egg mixture to the saucepan and add the collagen. Continue whisking until liquid has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, add crumbled cookies and mix it all together. Transfer to a container and place it in the fridge overnight(at least 12 hours, you want it super cold).
- Take your ice cream maker and set it up. Place liquid into ice cream maker and churn until desired consistency, adding chocolate chips right before it’s done(every machine is different, so times will vary).