Low Carb German Chocolate Cake
Getting ready for summer with all of these yummy dessert recipes! This low sugar german chocolate cake is no exception!
Keto German Chocolate Cake
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup erythritol
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup almond milk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 9 inch pan with parchment paper and non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the wet
- ingredients. Add the wet to the dry and mix until combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared
- pan and bake for 20-24 minutes.
- Once cake has cooled, place the milk, egg yolks, butter, vanilla and erythritol to a small pan
- over medium heat until melted. Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly until thickens. Stir in
- the coconut and let cool.
- Frost cake and top with one package of crushed Nui cookies.