“I believe that my son deserves the same blood sugars as his brother.”
RD Dikeman is the Founder of Type 1 Grit, an online community of over 10,000 members helping people with Type 1 Diabetes and parents.
Dikeman is also the father of a son with Type 1 Diabetes. Upon learning that his son was diagnosed, he did what most parents do. He followed the Doctor’s orders which consisted of a diet high in carbohydrates and insulin management. The result - His son was on a “sugar roller coaster” going from periods of highs to lows. He decided to look for an alternative when he came across a book that would forever change his life. Today, his son has normal blood sugars and is thriving.
In this interview you’ll discover:
- How Dikeman uses a low carb diet to help manage his son’s Type 1 Diabetes
- The “Law of Small Numbers" and why it’s a “game changer"
- The 1 book that changed everything
- How to finally hop off the “sugar roller coaster”
- What a typical meal plan looks like for his son
Check out the interview below:
Resources / Links
* Disclaimer: The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.